Security BSides Athens | Attendee Code-of-Conduct
BSides Athens is a conference by the information security community, for the information security community. Facilitating a pleasant atmosphere for all attendees is a core aim of the BSides Athens organisers and as an attendee you agree to be bound by the BSides Athens Attendee Code-of-Conduct.
Purpose of this Code-of-Conduct:
• To ensure a constructive, inclusive and pleasant atmosphere for all volunteers and attendees of the BSides Athens conference.
• To ensure that all attendees know what behaviour they have a right to expect from other attendees, volunteers and organisers.
• To ensure that all attendees know what behaviour is expected of them whilst attending BSides Athens.
Respect for Others
• Treat the organisers and volunteers with respect and follow any instructions given. The BSides Athens volunteers and organisers have given up a significant amount of time to facilitate this conference for the benefit of the attendees.
• Respect the presenters, do not talk among yourselves during their presentations, ensure you mobile phones are muted or switched up and once you’re inside a presentation, avoid leaving until the end so as to minimize disruption to the other attendees and the presenter. Heckling and constant harassment of presenters will not be tolerated.
• Asking questions is what makes this a community, but respect the presenter’s method to handling questions during any presentation and allow other attendees the opportunity to ask questions.
• Treat all present at the conference fairly and equally.
• Not discriminate unlawfully against any person.
• Allow others to express themselves and understand that all views are important even if they are not the same as your own - as long as no offence is caused even if unintentionally.