Security BSides Athens | Data Privacy Statement
Security BSides Athens is a conference by the information security community, for the information security community.
• Security BSides Athens respects your privacy. Your details used to register for the event are not disclosed to any third-parties (e.g. Sponsors, Statistics companies, etc.) without your knowlege. Hense, we ask you to register yourselves to the platforms we are using for the conference.
• The personal details that you provide to Security BSides Athens (which may include name, email, t-shirt size, and country) are only used to register for the event and to keep you informed.
• Your personal details are stored on specific Cloud-based platforms that enable Security BSides Athens to communicate and conduct the virtual conference. Personal details are not disclosed for any other purpose unless required by law. If you do not wish to provide us with your personal details for this purpose, then do NOT proceed any further.
• If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to Security BSides Athens. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
When do we contact you:
Security BSides Athens may contact you:
• in relation to any service, event, activity or online content you have signed up to.
• in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint.
• in relation to any contribution you have submitted to or about Security BSides Athens and our services, events and activities, including online blog posts, tweets or other media.
• to invite you to participate in surveys about Security BSides Athens services.
• to send information about our sponsors and forward any relevant invitations they request as part of their sponsorship package.
• to share specific job opportunities that have been shared with our Security BSides Athens community.
• to send you seasonal greetings (e.g New Year).
Offensive or inappropriate content:
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our Security BSides Athens websites (such as but not limited to events, social media account, etc.) or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Security BSides Athens services, Security BSides Athens may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where Security BSides Athens reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Security BSides Athens may use your personal information to inform relevant third-parties such as your employer, Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.